Monday, March 17, 2014

Pre-Paddy Party

Big Daddy and I celebrated St. Patrick's Day this weekend at The Monkey's Tale in Broad Ripple. He was asked to run sound for a friend's band, The Whiskey Ninjas (who were awesome, by the way); so I got to tag along.

Broad Ripple, for those who don't know, is touted as one of six cultural districts in Indianapolis. Wikipedia describes it as a lovely, diverse, cultural utopia. But if you ask someone from around here about Broad Ripple, they'll probably tell you it's a college bar scene.

Sounds like Big Daddy and me, right?

Well, here are some things I learned from our pre-Paddy party experience:
1. I am old.
2. I need more than 5 hours of sleep to function properly.
3. Next time I go out to a bar, I need to wear a purse with a cross-body strap. Holding a clutch all night is not fun.

Would I do it again? Yes. But not right away.

I've got to rest up first. And buy a new purse.

No comments: