Tuesday, May 13, 2008

My personal stylist

A lot of times it's easier on days Emma needs a bath for the two of us to take a shower together. Saves time. She loves standing next to me and sharing the water. We both have a tendency to stand under the warm water and put our hands behind our backs and just stand there. Chris says it's really cute. Just take his word on it.

After we're finished showering, I turn off the flow of water to the shower and plug the drain and fill up the tub to let Emma play while I get ready. These days she has to have 4 plastic balls (like in a ball pit) - one red, one blue, one yellow and one green - and two Dixie bathroom cups in there with her to play with.

After I get clothes on, with my hair still wet, I get Emma out of the tub and lotion her up and get her clothes on. Then she HAS to get my hairbrush and a Q-tip and begins to "give me a haircut", i.e. brush my hair. Why the Q-tip, you ask? Beats me. She usually says, "Need earwax," or something to that effect when she gets in the drawer to get the Q-tip, which makes no sense to me because she's not cleaning out her or my ears, but whatever. It's still really funny.

So she brushes my hair with the brush - powering right through any tangles, no matter how much it hurts ... thank goodness I don't have a tender scalp - and the Q-tip, which feels similar to when I was in elementary school and had to get the periodic lice checks. Who didn't love the lice checks? You got to take time out of school to get your hair played with.

If she wants me to look down or up or left or right, she tells me which way to look AND puts both hands on my head and moves it the way she wants it, just like she's seen my stylist, Mimi, do when she comes with me to the salon. It cracks me up every time.

Oh, I was watching the Today Show this morning and found out that New Kids on the Block is going to be on the show on Friday putting on a concert! Holy flipping crap! Can I just tell you how incredibly excited I was to hear that and how stoked I am to see those guys again? I was a huge NKOTB fan back in the day. Loved Joey McIntyre. I'm recording the show. I WILL show it to Emma so she, too, can develop a love for the New Kids like her mommy.

That's all for now. More later.

Always remember: It's not the size of the stylist that matters, it's the quality of the 'do.

No comments: