Friday, July 15, 2011

Get to Know Your Camera - Week 1

Summer Photography Series at 5 Minutes for Mom

I'm learning how to use the different modes of my camera this summer with this Summer Photography Series. Today I went out with Emma and Norbert for my first challenge. It's not challenging AT ALL for me to take photos of Emma, but doing them in a certain way makes it a little more difficult. Luckily, Emma is more than willing to have her picture taken. Norbert's a little more difficult, but what do you expect from a dog?

Today's challenge was to use a mode on my camera other than the Auto mode. I used Sports mode to catch Emma running; Portrait mode to get some cute shots of Norbert laying in front of me; and Macro mode to get some super-close ups of Emma, Norbert, and a little angel we have in front of the house.

Here is the link to all the photos I took today (minus the few that I didn't like and deleted already). But here are a couple of my favorites.




I'm excited to learn more about how to use my camera to its full potential. And mine, too!

3 comments:

amycornwell said...

Yay for you!! Good job! Can't wait to see the rest!

Serendipityissweet said...

Sweet pics! Love the doggy kisses. Well done!

Unknown said...

Oh my goodness! That doggy lick picture is too adorable! Thanks for playing along and linking up this week!!