Saturday, April 5, 2008

It's so nice.

Emma loves the song "Here Comes the Sun" by The Beatles. The song is on the soundtrack for Bee Movie and plays at the end of the movie when the bees are re-pollinating all the plants. She loves the song, which is also on The Beatles' "Love" album that is in my visor CD holder in my car.

As I previously discussed, she knows which CD has that song on it and has me put it in the CD player in the car. But what I neglected to tell you was that she sings along. It's so funny. She'll say, "Here comes sun...doo doo doo doo...here comes sun...here comes sun...I say...it's so nice." The words, of course, are "Here comes the sun, doo doo doo doo, here comes the sun and I say, it's all right." Cracks me up. I tell her the right words, which she'll repeat after I say them, but then she goes back to her own little version the next time the chorus plays. Hysterical.

Norbert finally got a haircut today, of which he was in desperate need. Emma and I dropped him off this morning, and afterward as we were driving she was listlessly looking out her window. I said, "Emma, are you OK?" and she didn't reply. "Are you all right?" Nada. "Do you miss Norbert?" She said, "Yes, miss Norbert. Love him." How cute is that?! Then when we picked him up this afternoon I let him ride in the back seat with her. He jumped in and immediately kissed her on the face, which she thought was funny. As we were taking him home I asked her if she thought Norbert looked nice. She said, "Nice haircut." Hehehe. Funny girl.

We have two 2-year-old birthday parties this weekend, so that'll be tons of fun. I'll let you know how they go. Probably post some pictures. Speaking of pictures, there are new photos on our photo album of Emma's first time flying a kite. She LOVED it. Here's one of the cute pictures from that playdate, it's Emma with her friend Sabrina (who she calls Reena).
That's all for now. More later.

Always remember: It doesn't matter what words you sing, just sing.

1 comment:

chrisheacock said...

She is really something. I always thought kites were cool too!

It's so nice...