Sunday, April 27, 2008

Time to blog again

I haven't blogged in a while, I know. I could blame it on being busy - which I have been - but honestly my lack of blogging is mostly due to laziness and forgetfulness.

Emma got her first real haircut from a real salon today. She did so well and sat so still for the lady, who was very nice and did a great job. We went to a kids' salon called Gumball Alley. The photos I took can be found here, but here are a few for ya.
We had date night tonight. We dropped off Emma at Gymboree, then we went to this place with an arcade. miniature golf, bumper boats and batting cages. We had fun, and I even beat Chris at air hockey once! Whoa! That never happens. Never. Afterward we went to Rattler's BBQ for dinner, where we sat at the bar. It's been so long since we've done that. We had some drinks and dinner right there at the bar, just the two of us. I felt so grown up, LOL. We laughed and talked and ate and had a great time. I had this watermelon mojito that was delicious. Other people at the bar were wondering what it was, and I told them I gave it the thumbs-up. Good stuff.

One of Emma's friends, Olivia, is a model on a kids clothing web site, crazy8.com. She's the blonde on the left. Crazy 8 is owned by Gymboree, like Old Navy is owned by Gap. So I can officially say Emma is friends with a model.

We went to Indiana last weekend to visit Chris' grandmother, who is battling cancer. It was pretty rough to see her like that, but it was important that she got to see Emma. Emma was so sweet when she would go in her room. She'd walk up next to her bed and pat her on the leg. It was so precious. Here are the photos we took while we were there.

Tomorrow we're planning on going to Knott's Berry Farm. For those of you who live in Indiana, it's So Cal's King's Island. Make sense? I'll be sure to blog about it and post photos. We were planning on going last Thursday, but Norbert has been a little under the weather, so we didn't want to leave him alone all day at home. Hopefully we can go tomorrow. Cross your fingers!

That's all for now. More later.

Always remember: It's nice to feel like a grown-up once in a while. Even if you don't get carded and feel old because of it.

No comments: