Thursday, April 7, 2011

10 years

Today is mine and Chris's 10th wedding anniversary! Ten years ago today we got married at First Christian Church in Martinsville, Indiana. Dr. Larry Kuntz, the pastor I'd known pretty much my whole life, performed the ceremony. My dress was gorgeous, and Chris looked so handsome in a white tuxedo. (I currently don't have any of our wedding photos scanned onto my computer. I'll get to it sometime.)

We had lots of family and friends around us that day. Most of them are in our lives still: some have left this world to be with Jesus, some have left because that happens sometimes, and some are even closer to us today than they were back then. No matter what the case may be now, each and every person who was there made our special day perfect.

We've been through a lot in these past 10 years. We've had lots of laughs and great times, and we've also had our share of hard and trying times; all of it has brought us to where we are today. I can't wait to see what the next 10, 20, 30, 40+ years bring!

No comments: