Thursday, April 14, 2011

Faith like a child

Chris is working a men's Kairos weekend starting today in Plainfield, IN. Kairos is a prison ministry where people go into the prison to teach incarcerated individuals about Christ's love and forgiveness. This is the third Kairos weekend of which Chris has been a part.

Last night Emma and I were driving home, and I told her that Daddy wouldn't be around much for the next few days because he was going to the prison. Emma asked, "Is he going to get locked up?" After giggling, I told Emma that Daddy was not going to "get locked up." I told her he was going to there to teach the prisoners about Jesus.

I asked Emma if she knew what Jesus did for us, and she said, "He died." I asked her why He died, and her answer was, "So we can go to heaven."

Jesus said so in Matthew 18:3, "And he said, 'Truly I tell you, unless you change and become like little children, you will never enter the kingdom of heaven.'" It's simple. It's faith.

1 comment:

Peggy Holzworth said...

I love how you write, Jaime. Thanks for sharing your thoughts. Yours is my FAVORITE blog. Love, Mom