Sunday, December 22, 2013

Dear Christmas impatience

Dear Santa tracker,
Emma is LOVING counting down until Santa officially leaves the North Pole. But how do we keep her from giving us constant, down-to-the-millisecond updates on Santa's estimated time of departure?
Dear gift wrapping,
How do I finish you when there is a certain someone on Christmas vacation who is always at the house and always aware of every single thing going on?
Dear gift concealment,
Mamaw's house was a great hiding place until someone had the brilliant idea to go ahead and head over there on Saturday and do some secret wrapping. Now the problem is finding a place that the aforementioned "certain someone" won't happen upon during the next few days. Can't count on any location; because as soon as one is chosen that she NEVER goes to, that will be the one place in which she just has to go rooting around for some random reason or another. Thank goodness for the handy-dandy short person divider in my car's trunk. In a completely unrelated note, please do not open my trunk and put down the divider in the presence of my child. Thankyouverymuch.

Dear en route packages,
I hope you all come today so I can finish wrapping the gifts for which I don't have to be a ninja. I just want to be mostly done.
Dear time,
I know better than to wish you away; but can you just hurry up a little bit so Christmas can just BE HERE already?! I am NOT good waiting to give people the gifts I've picked especially for them.

No comments: