Monday, December 16, 2013

Dear Christmas party

Dear house preparation,
Having this party at our house was a great motivator: we got three rooms painted (finally), we got to rearrange some furniture, and I'm pretty sure our house has never been this clean.

Dear host gifts,
I now have a fridge full of half-full bottles of wine; and there are five unopened bottles of wine on our never-before-utilized wine rack. Merry Christmas to me!

Dear surprise Santa visit,
The looks on those little kids' faces when Santa came in and had gifts for each of them... well, it was just priceless. And the faces on the teenagers when they had to got to sit on Santa's lap... well, those were equally priceless.

Dear leftover veggies,
How many different meals can you make out of leftover chopped celery, cauliflower, broccoli, and baby carrots? Well, we're going to see.

Dear leftover chicken salad and ham salad sandwiches,
I've had you twice already since Saturday. It's delicious, but I'm not sure how much more I can take.

No comments: