Friday, April 18, 2014

Game of Thrones

Big Daddy and I have been plowing through all the seasons of Game of Thrones for about a week now. We are now caught up and are ready, like everyone else, for the next episode.

I now totally get what the "big deal" is about this show.

And I just purchased book 1, so I will begin reading the series very soon. I'm sure it'll be fantastic.

At this point, my favorite characters are Jon Snow, Arya Stark, Daenerys Targaryen, Tyrion Lannister, and Olenna Tyrell (sassy old broad). And, honestly, I'm kind of starting to like the Hound.

I'm not sure how I feel about sharing a name with Jaime Lannister.

Of course, all this may change after reading the books. Like I said, I've only seen the show so far.

Wanna talk about Game of Thrones? E-mail me (or at least comment below), and we'll chat.

1 comment:

Loving When It Hurts said...

I knew I couldn't watch the show. With Kris' history and knowing how the cable channels can put whatever they want into it, we have stayed away. We did however buy book one to listen to. Halfway through we both just quit listening. We found it boring and thought there was just too much sex and bad language in it. I think I'm more sensitive to that kind of thing these days. But maybe watching the show makes a difference in being able to enjoy the book. I thought it was slow. I rarely do not finish a book even if it is bad but this one I had no desire to keep going with. Hopefully you'll have a better experience.