Tuesday, April 1, 2014

Who's the April Fool?

I slept on the trundle bed in Emma's room last night. Went in there after she was already sleeping so I could surprise her in the morning.

Since I normally wake her up in the morning, I had to figure out a way to make her wake up and notice me in there without me actually waking her up. I used my phone as an alarm and hit snooze after it went off the first time right next to me. I then put the phone on her pillow next to her head and waited for the 10 minute snooze. I heard it go off, but I stayed where I was until she woke up and was all confused and finally whispered, "Mommy, your phone." To which I replied, "April Fools!"

It worked. She was surprised I was there. Mission accomplished.

Or was it?

That trundle mattress may be good for visiting little friends; but that thing is NOT good for an adult to sleep on. Harder than a rock. I'll be paying for that later today.

No comments: