Monday, April 14, 2014

Time Off and Hair Dye

You may or may not have noticed, but recently I've taken a small break from blogging. I guess I just haven't had anything to say.

I think it's time to get back to it. I enjoy writing. It's fun.

A few weeks ago, I decided I wanted to lighten my hair. I wanted to do it myself (because I'm a cheapskate). Well, I did it; and the color turned out strawberry blonde on me. Apparently my hair just has a reddish tint to it when I dye it. Which makes my face look flushed and/or sickly because I have red tones in my skin.

I left it for a few weeks, trying to get used to it. But this past Friday I decided I'd had enough and went with a different brand of dye. Which made it even MORE red, making me look even MORE flushed.

So I dyed it again today. I *think* I succeeded in toning down the reddish tint, but I'll need to wait and see. If I can't handle how it looks, I'm just going to go darker. That'll make the "grow out" process less awkward (i.e. less horribly visible roots).

I'll let you know how it goes.

No comments: