Saturday, January 5, 2008

My little chatterbox and photo preview

My parents flew in today so they can attend Emma's birthday party on Sunday. Isn't that nice of them? Anyway, I have been telling Emma for days that her Mamaw and Papaw were coming to visit, and I showed her their picture this morning so she knew which ones to expect and maybe wouldn't be as shy when they got here. She was so excited when they got off the bus from the airport and walked in. She actually waved at them through the window. It was cute.

My dad sat in the back seat with her first (they're taking turns sitting next to Emma), and she talked his ear off the whole way to lunch. It was so cute. The next time we went somewhere my mom sat in back with her. We were on our way to Gymboree free play, and she was talking about Gymboree and her friends and who we were going to see. She's turned into a real chatterbox. It's really cute, and very funny.

We got Emma's 2-year-old pictures taken on her birthday on Tuesday. It wasn't the best experience we've had, and we've decided never to get her photo taken ON her birthday ever again. Nevertheless, there are some really great photos. We haven't put them on our online photo album yet for the same reason as the Christmas ones (have to wait until people get the ones we ordered for them), but I've decided to put a few on here as a sneak preview for my blog fans. You're welcome.
Isn't she gorgeous? I entered the top photo in the Regis and Kelly Beautiful Baby contest. Someone told me about it the other day and said I should enter Emma because she's so pretty. Can't argue with that. So we'll see how that pans out. Not holding my breath, but it could happen.

That's all for now. More later.

Always remember: Grandparents' visit = unending story time for kids

2 comments:

Rumple Family said...

So cute! Glad that she wasn't scared of your parents :) It must be hard with them living in another state - but I think that is neat that she calls them Mamaw and Papaw - that's what my mom and step-dad are called :)

theroyers said...

She looks so grown-up!! Is she heading off to college this fall?