Monday, September 16, 2013

Dear Weekend: Sore Saturday

Dear Saturday,
Emma had her junior bowling league this morning. The other person she normally bowls against wasn't there; so instead of having her bowl alone, I bowled against her. We bowled two games. On the first game Emma scored 94, and scored 93. Ouch. I woke up on Sunday with a sore arm (I haven't bowled in so long - my poor arm isn't used to it!!).

Dear Saturday,
We played a little cornhole and a few games of bocce ball at MIL and FIL's house. Side note: I'm much better at bocce than cornhole. I woke up on Sunday with sore thighs (from all the bending down to pick up stuff - how out of shape am I??).

Dear Saturday,
Kim came over, and we rehearsed for NEXT WEEKEND'S Dancing with Our Hometown Stars. Big Daddy recorded us, and we watched it back. We were pleasantly surprised at how together it looked. I want to invite everyone to come support us: Dancing with Our Hometown Stars, 7 p.m. Saturday, Sept. 21 at the Martinsville High School auditorium. (All proceeds go to the Fall Foliage Festival.) I'm sure I woke up on Sunday sore from this, too.

Dear Sunday,
My fantasy football team failed me today. More specifically, Colin Kaepernick and Adrian Peterson failed me. Big time. But I digress.

Dear Sunday,
Dinner at Penn Station with Emma was super fun! And then we did some 15% off shopping at Kohl's (I had a coupon). I got a shirt, Emma got a dance leotard and two stuffed animals (money goes to charity), and my brother-in-law got two birthday items that he won't get to see until his birthday party on the 29th. Let me just say that they are awesome. That is all.

No comments: