Thursday, March 17, 2011

St. Patrick's Day fun

I'll admit that I've never really been a big celebrator of St. Patrick's Day; but after becoming a mom, my type of fun on the day is certainly much more different than that of the people you'll hear about on the news.

Last night Emma and I had a fun slumber party in the living room. We watched a bunch of cartoon shows of her choosing, then I turned them off and watched DVR'd shows after she fell asleep. We woke up to a beautifully sunny, warm day, which was such a nice change of pace.

We took a walk with Norbert in our neighborhood.



We had a fun afternoon with the blinds open and sun streaming through the windows, playing Wii Sports and Mario Party 8. Emma got to ride her bike and paint with water on the driveway for a little bit while Chris grilled steaks for dinner. We even ate at the dinner table for the first time in too long for dinner.

One of the topics we discussed at dinner was how excited Emma and I are to go to the Imagination Movers concert at the end of the month. Emma wanted to make a sign to hold up, so she decided we needed to do that immediately after dinner. Rich is her favorite Mover, so Chris came up with a clever sign slogan: Rich ROCKS.



I figured it would be much cuter for Emma to actually write the sign. I was right. :)

So that was our exciting St. Patty's Day. Do you have any annual SPD traditions?

No comments: