Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Bowl-o-rama

Chris, Emma, and I went bowling last night, and I finally got to use my newly-drilled bowling ball.


Pretty, right?  Because that's what's important on the lanes: a pretty bowling ball.  Well, maybe not, but it is a fun bonus to have a pretty ball, especially when I'm not doing as well as I'd like.

Chris used his new ball, as well, and he had fun really winging it down the lane a few times.  He said it's a good way to let off a little steam, to really haul off and launch that ball down the lane.


Emma had SO much fun.


Cutest little bowler you've ever seen, right?  She did so great.  And she did it all by herself.  She even got a couple legitimate (read: not using the bumpers) strikes.


She ended up with a score of 95.  Crazy.  It took me until I was at least in my late 20s to be able to score more than 100.  Overachieving 5 year olds.  Sheesh.


Chris and I both got some legit strikes too, but I will admit that I was glad to have the bumpers up several times because I was bowling fairly poorly.


It happens to everyone.  It just KEPT happening to me.  I have to teach myself to s-l-o-w down and pay attention to what I'm doing. Concentration is key for me.

At least I have great bowling shoes.

1 comment:

Gergs said...

I will never forget the smell of a freshly-drilled bowling ball. Love it!