Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Feels like spring

As I type, the temperature outside is 67.5 degrees. The sun is out, and there is no ice in sight. I didn't have to wear a coat when I went out. I could wear flip flops if I wanted to (if I painted my toenails, that is). It's glorious.

Emma still has a bit of a cold, but it's on its way out. She can't feel too bad to look like this:


Her {entire} preschool had a field trip today to the local gymnastics academy. The kids had a great time, even if it was super chaotic. (We're talking mass hysteria, folks.) And now we're watching "The Little Mermaid", and I'm enjoying listening to Emma's sweet little giggles. Makes the unseasonably warm, sunny weather that much better to hear her laugh.

Before I forget, I wanted to share another photo with you. Emma and I went to Goodwill yesterday. I have a gift card to spend there that I got from my awesome sister-in-law for my birthday (thanks, Cayla!). I wanted to show you what Emma picked out for herself while we were there:


Good choice, huh? Is that NOT the cutest thing you've ever seen?! She was working on finding things to fill her new purse today. So far she has her mini LaLaLoopsy, Strawberry Shortcake, Raspberry Torte, Lemon Meringue, and Orange Blossom dolls in there; and she's currently looking for the missing Blueberry Muffin doll to complete the set. I can't think of anything better to go in a 5-year-old's purse than that.

Well, there you go. That's all I have for today. Just wanted to share some smiles with you.

1 comment:

Peggy Holzworth said...

I LOVE this blog...and the Bloggette!