Friday, August 29, 2008

NKOTB mania

It's back, my friends. In a big way.

Tonight, for example, the New Kids on the Block were at the Best Buy in Burbank signing autographs for the 650 fans who pre-ordered their new CD from that store, which went on sale this morning at 10 a.m. I did not order the CD, so I didn't have a special pass to get to wait in the ridiculously long line to get their autograph, but I was in the store when they got there.

My friend, Jenn, and I had planned to go down there to get a glimpse this evening. To do so, we were going to meet Chris for dinner after work (since he works in Burbank) at Olive Garden, which is in the same shopping plaza as the Best Buy. Jenn couldn't make it, as her hubby's out of town and her 9-month-old seems to be teething and was inconsolable this afternoon.

Emma and I met Chris for dinner, then we got finished and Emma wanted desperately to ride home with Daddy. So Chris said it was fine for me to go ahead to Best Buy to see if I could see my guys. So I went over and found that I wasn't the only one who had the idea. I made friends with a few other ladies who were doing the same thing as me. We chatted and stood by the laptops pretending to shop so we could try to get a good view of the guys as they came in.

There was a little confusion as to where they were coming in, but when they did come through, it was pandemonium. Holy crap. You've never seen 30- and 40-year-old ladies pushing and shoving each other around like that unless it was the day after Thanksgiving at the mall. Craziness.

Since I'm short, I couldn't get very good photos, but I talked a nice Best Buy employee into getting up close and getting me some good photos. It was awesome. Here are some of the pics he got for me.
Here are all the photos from my time at Best Buy this evening. It was tons of fun. I felt like a teeny-bopper again, all squealy and giddy.

I can't wait to go to the concert in October!

That's all for now. More later.

No comments: