Monday, August 4, 2008

Emma unscripted

Emma is quite the chatterbox. You never know what she's going to say. Sometimes she's hilarious, and other times she's as sweet as can be. Here's a top five list of funny and/or adorable things she's said recently.

5. "I love you so much." Not as much funny as it is so incredibly sweet, but it's funny when she breaks it out. I was pushing her in a cart at Wal-Mart the other day, and she leaned forward and hugged me and said it. I almost cried right there, it was so sweet. I was all choked up as I said, "Emma, do you know it makes Mommy's day when you say that?" Precious moments.

4. "I don't want to." OK, so this isn't funny either, but she says it ALL THE TIME. After you've heard it enough, it starts to be funny that she can say it SO many times in SO many different ways.

3. "It's OK. Don't cry. I'm here." She said this to her yellow Care Bear, whom she had to leave in her car seat in the car while we went to Rubio's for lunch. I asked if he was crying because he missed her, and she said yes.

2. "I want some every day." She says this about any- and everything. Earlier this evening, for instance, it was bananas. She wants bananas every day. She says it all the time.

And the funniest thing Emma said recently is... drum roll, please...

1. "You're beautiful because you are wearing pants." She said this to Chris the other day. Who knows why, but we will never forget it. I'm going to use it in a card.

That's all for now. More later.

Call me crazy, but: Even a woman who likes girly chick flicks and other such movies can like a good Rocky story. I just watched Rocky Balboa (the newest one) tonight BY MYSELF, and it was excellent.

2 comments:

chrisheacock said...

Actually, she said "You're beautiful because you're wearing pants."

Still hilarious!

chrisheacock said...

I'll add a couple as well:

"Not right now." - This often follows "I don't want to", but can stand alone. Another one spoken all the time.

"I'm too tired." - This one goes with "I don't want to" sometimes, but this is usually reserved for something that Emma is afraid of, or unsure of. Usually this one is spoken with a crying-like face, maybe even a backwards head tilt and/or a pseudo squat. Usually she looks like she's really about to fall down from exhaustion when this is spoken. Born actress...