Thursday, June 19, 2008

First agent meeting

Emma and I had a meeting this afternoon with a potential agent for Emma. I don't know if it actually even qualifies as a meeting, as we were there for only about 5 minutes. She wanted to see if Emma would chat with her, and all Emma wanted to do was look around the room and get used to things.

The agent said she was very cute, but she's a little too young still. She said casting directors want a child who can come in and talk with them and pay attention and not need Mommy to be right there telling them what to do. I have a hard time believing that casting directors expect TWO AND A HALF YEAR OLDS to act like adults, but maybe that's just me. The agent said to give her a call again in 4 or 5 months when Emma's a little older. We'll see.

So after a few minutes, Emma was done being there. I could tell she didn't like the lady and wasn't comfortable there. She isn't like that with everyone. Actually, she's hardly like that at all. So instead of being disappointed in Emma for not "performing well" for the agent or being discouraged, I was glad to know she can tell me in her own way when she is comfortable or not with someone or something. Plus it was nice to get that first agent experience out of the way.

We haven't gotten any calls from any other agents, but that's not abnormal. I'm sure they all have hundreds, thousands of photos to go through, and it has only been a week since I sent them out.

That's all for now. More later.

Always remember: Sometimes toddlers know more than you think they do.

1 comment:

amycornwell said...

Boo :-( but I'm glad Emma could "feel" whether or not it would be a good fit. Sorry!!