Monday, June 23, 2008

It finally happened...

...Emma pooped in her swimming diaper at the pool. And didn't tell me.


So, as we're getting ready to go, I had her stand up so I could get her cover-up on and I smelled it. I asked her if she pooped, and she of course said no. So I looked, and it was all over the place in her diaper, front to back. Who knows how long it had been there, but it was long enough to liquefy a lot of it and get it everywhere. Gross.

So we walked home and I cleaned up the nastiness and immediately put her in the bathtub.

She sat on her little potty as I was filling up the bath, and she pottied! Hooray! Then as I was putting lotion on her after her bath she was standing on her changing table pad and started to tinkle. She stopped immediately and I asked if she needed to potty, and she said yes. So we rushed into the bathroom and she tinkled again on her little potty! Then she was on her way back into her room and decided she needed to pee again, so she did it a third time! Holy cow!

So that was our afternoon. Gross and exciting, all at the same time.

That's all for now. More later.

Always remember: It IS as bad as you think it is when your kid poops in the pool.

3 comments:

Melissa said...

oh no, but hey yea on the potty! :) Congrats with the training :)

chrisheacock said...

DOODIE!!!!!!!!

Julie said...

YIKES! Never good having brown liquid dripping from your kid's swim diaper....

Too funny!