Friday, June 20, 2008

I almost forgot!

I told you to remind me to tell you about me being on Game Show Network ads for Bingo America. This is me finally remembering to talk about it.

Being the nerd that I am, I watch Bingo America every night on GSN and play along by printing out game cards from GSN.com. They play two games of Bingo per show, and then they have bonus numbers at the end. Every game card has three Bingo boards per game and two sets of two bonus numbers. You can print out a total of 10 game cards per day, so of course I print out 10.

Well, I matched bonus numbers one time and won $50. It took about 5-6 weeks to get the check in the mail, but it did actually come. After I received the check on Tuesday, I got a call from Angel over at GSN on Thursday asking if, as a recent winner, I was interested in talking about winning on camera for some ads they will use on GSN. They would give me a $50 gas card for my trouble of having to drive all the way down there.

I drove down to the GSN studios on Saturday morning. They were all set up outside under some trees in the parking lot, to make it look like they just stopped people on the street who were winners. It was really fun. I stood in front of the camera and the producer, John - who lives in Valencia about 3 minutes from me, it turns out - asked me questions about winning and playing along with Bingo America. Then at the end of the interview he had me repeat some taglines for Bingo America, GSN and GSN.com.

After I was all finished, John said I did great and will definitely make it onto some of the spots. So, apparently you can start looking for me on GSN on spots for Bingo America soon! Exciting, huh?

That's all for now. More later.

Always remember: You never win if you don't play.

No comments: