Friday, June 27, 2008

My audition

So Emma and I went to my audition today for Bingo America. We had to wait in a small room that was full of people. I tried my hardest to keep Emma occupied and happy, and it worked for a long time, but then it didn't. She got restless the longer we waited and began running around the room. One of the guys working there got a little fed up, I think, and he got all snippy with me and told me she couldn't run around like that. I, in turn, got a little snippy and said, "Then let me go next!" They said they'd make that happen. I apologized for having to bring Emma there, and I said we'd go wait in the hallway where she could run around. They said they'd come get me.

So while we were waiting in the hallway, Emma pooped in her diaper, so I had to change her. They still hadn't come to get us, so we then went back in the room. There was another Jaime there, and she had gone in next instead of me. Grr. So we waited in the tiny room again, and they let me get in there soon after. I had Emma in a chair watching Cars, and she was quiet and good. They called me in, so I told her bye and went in. Not long after I got in there, before we started anything, they came in and said she needed to see me. She was beside herself. So we tried having her in the room sitting by the wall watching me. Didn't help. She was upset. So we tried as much as we could to get her to calm down, but I had to take her out to calm her down. The casting people were SO nice about it. It was two ladies in there, and they were very cool about it.

So I calmed her down, then I remembered it had been over 2 hours since we'd been there and I was parked in 2-hour parking. They said we could move the car and they'd save my place, so we walked the mile or whatever back to the car and moved it. No ticket, wasn't towed. Sweet. I had a talk with Emma and told her I needed to go into the room and leave her out there with the nice people. She seemed to understand.

So we went back in there and I had to wait a few more times, and finally I got to go in. Emma was prepared this time, so she stayed out in the waiting room. I went in with a man named Andres. We introduced ourselves in front of the camera and told a little-known fact about ourselves that you wouldn't know by looking at us. Mine was that I played football in college. Chris came up with it. Funny. And I really did play football...powder puff intramural flag football, but football nonetheless.

Then after the introductions, we grabbed our buzzers and competed in the mock trivia contest. I answered many questions, and they told me to stop answering so Andres could answer some. LOL We finished and left. I thanked the ladies for being so understanding and apologized again for the trouble. They said it wasn't a problem.

When I got back out in the waiting room, Emma was on the floor with one of the girls working there erasing a dry erase board. She said, "Hi!" I was glad she was OK. She's so funny.

So we walked to the car with Andres, then we went home (3 hours after we arrived). Hopefully I'll get to be on the show. We'll see. I'll let you know!

That's all for now. More later.

Always remember: Waiting is SO MUCH longer with a toddler.

1 comment:

amycornwell said...

can't wait to hear how it turns out!