Thursday, June 20, 2013

3 Thoughts Thursday

1. WebMD.com is a dangerous place.
I have a canker sore right inside my cheek on the right side of my mouth. At first I thought I bit my lip and it was still sore; but then it kept hurting, and I looked and saw a little white bump. I did a Google search on canker sores, and I went to the WebMD site to read about it, really wondering how long it would hurt and when I should expect it to go away. Canker sores are usually stress related (huge yard sale coming up, hello??); but I discovered it could also be caused by an underlying health condition like Celiac disease or Crohn's disease. I know I don't have those things, but reading about the possibility is enough to freak someone out.

So glad it's feeling better today, the third day, which the site said is usually how long it takes for canker sores to start healing. FYI.

2. I don't know how I feel about being a cheer mom.
Emma's been going to cheer camp this week. It's super cute watching the kids her age do the little cheers and dances. But they aren't all together, and it upsets me. I wonder if that goes away after time? Plus their "dances" aren't really dances. What we did in Danceline? Those were dances. But I digress.

3. Sports bras are weird. (Gentlemen readers, you may want to skip this one this time.)
I haven't had a sports bra in a while, but I got one recently. I wore it to Zumba tonight. While it kept everything safe and secure and in place, I was reminded of the idiosyncrasies of wearing a sports bra:
a) You've heard of the unibrow, right? Here comes the uniboob.
b) There's no indention in which my seat belt can rest as I'm driving, so the seat belt keeps sliding up to my neck and choking me. Very irritating and uncomfortable.
c) Less room to roam = less air flow = sweat.

1 comment:

Amy Cornwell said...

Ah, bless you my sweet friend. So profound tonight, so profound :) love you!