Monday, June 3, 2013

Dear Week

Still not sure if I am going to keep this Monday theme of Dear Week; but since I can't think of anything else right now, it'll have to do.

Dear Sunday,
You were great, even though I was super tired from the busy, dance recital-filled Thursday, Friday and Saturday before you.  I'm two chapters behind in reading The Story for church, but I will get caught up at some point.  It was really nice to be able to be outside and not worry about my allergies for once.  Hooray for new allergy meds!

Dear Monday,
Starting the new "official office hours" today (MWF 8:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m., Tu Th 8:30 to 10:30 a.m.).  If I have more to do on some days I will be here longer; but today my mother-in-law* (who is so sweet to hang out with Emma this summer while I'm at work) has a 1:00 lunch appointment, so I have to jet out of here right on time today.

I am not much of a fan of NBA basketball, I do need to note that the Indiana Pacers will be playing the Miami Heat tonight in Game 7 of the Eastern Conference Finals.  WHEN THE PACERS WIN, they will go on to beat the San Antonio Spurs in the Finals.  Just saying.

*Since Emma will be spending a lot of time with my mother- and father-in-law this summer, I shall henceforth refer to them as MIL (read: mill) and FIL (read: fill), respectively.

Dear Tuesday,
Short day at work.  I'm thinking Emma and I need to do something fun in the afternoon.  Painting pottery, perhaps?

Dear Wednesday,
Zumba this evening, although my mom and I normally go on Thursdays.  I have a VBS meeting at church on Thursday evening, so I will be going tonight instead.  Unfortunately, my normal Zumba buddy (Mom) is unable to attend tonight.  Thus I will be partying with my Zumba pals alone.

Dear Thursday,
VBS meeting tonight!  I have agreed to lead music.  This means I will be on stage leading the kiddos in the songs and the motions that go along with them.  The music and motions will be on the screen, but it's always nice to have a live person (or live people, as I will have some helpers) up there as well.
Dear Friday,
It seems like there is something going on today that I'm supposed to remember, but I don't.  I better look into that.

Dear Saturday,
See Friday.

No comments: