Monday, June 24, 2013

Dear week[end]

[weekend]
Dear yard sale,
You were very successful, which was great, and very hot and sweaty, which was not great. Glad you are behind us.

Dear Man of Steel,
I saw you in IMAX 3D. I would have preferred better previews (I always love the previews); but I really enjoyed you as a movie. Your writing and story really helped clear up a few questions I always had about Superman. So thanks.

Dear church,
I took a week off of singing and ran the sound and slides. It was a nice change of pace.

Dear after-church lunch,
Pretty sure you were my favorite. We went to the Mexican restaurant in town, but that's not what was so great. Emma decided at lunch that she wants to be baptized next Sunday! I will take her confession of faith in front of the church, then Big Daddy will baptize her. So. Very. Excited.

[week]
Dear license branch,
I was hoping to swing in first thing in the morning on my way to work in order to do whatever it is I have to do to let you know that we traded in the 300C for a Navigator. Thanks for being closed on Mondays, unbeknownst to me.

Dear auditor,
We recently refinanced our mortgage, and I have a stack of yellow papers I'm supposed to file in your office the last week of June. Which is this week. And apparently the refinance has not been filed yet, which I found out after swinging by your office this morning on my way to work. So I have to call you next week to see if you're ready for me to bring in said yellow papers. Again.

Dear Goodwill,
Thanks for so willingly taking our yard sale remnants! They never even came back in the house after yesterday's [very successful] yard sale. And now they are gone forever. Hooray!

Dear weather,
Make up your mind. If you're going to storm, do it. Or not. Pick a path and stick to it.

Dear VBS,
You start tomorrow and run through Friday. Let's have a fun, safe 4 days!

No comments: