Monday, January 17, 2011

Life goes on

I'm quickly approaching my 32nd birthday.  There, I said it.

Before my birthday arrives (which is February 5, in case you want to send me a card or anything...), I wanted to take a moment to reflect on these past 31 years.  I've learned a thing or two, and I thought I'd take this opportunity to share these lessons with you.

1. I've learned that friendships don't always last, no matter how much you may want them to.  Sometimes people just grow apart.  Sometimes people change.  And the easiest thing you can do is to learn how to be OK with it.

2. I've learned that it's OK for someone not to like you.  You can't please everyone, and it's silly to try.

3. I've learned how important it is to cherish the ones you love and to let them know you love them every day.  Life is short, and you just never know.

While some of these lessons were difficult to learn, I'm thankful for the experiences I've been through in which I learned these things.

Maybe you've learned some of the same lessons I have.  Maybe you're learning them now.  Whatever the case, appreciate life's lessons.  They're making you wiser.

No comments: