Thursday, January 13, 2011

Out and about

Well, I actually got out of the house today. No longer am I shut in due to snow (or the fear thereof). I had no problem climbing our slightly snow-covered driveway mountain after turning off the Traction Control in my car. While I do enjoy staying home and playing with Emma, it sure is nice to be able to go out in the real world and interact with other people.

Looking back at what I just said, I want to clarify that I'm not afraid of snow ~ I'm afraid of getting stuck in my driveway (the aforementioned snow-covered mountain). Emma isn't too fond of it, either. She gets nervous as we make the climb; and after we made it today, she clapped and told me I did a good job. It's sweet.

We did purchase the snow boots that Emma so desperately needs ~ the ones we were going to search for yesterday but didn't because of the snow ~ at Shoe Show. It just so happened they had exactly what we were looking for, which was nice. The boots are shiny silver and have snowflakes on them and big white soles. They totally look like moon boots. I'll post a photo of her in them soon.

We met my mom for lunch ~ we have standing Tuesday and Thursday lunch plans with her. It's so nice to be able to meet her for lunch. And I have a sneaking suspicion that it's a blasty blast for her to get to see Emma a few times during the work week.

Then, at Emma's suggestion, we ran home to get her Christmas and birthday loot and headed for Toys R Us. She had $61 and some change. She had a few toys in mind that she wanted to purchase. Plus I think it was burning a hole in her little pocket. I'm training a good shopper, folks. She bought several great items at Toys R Us and a couple more at Target (my Toys R Us... I love Target), and she still has $3 and some change left. She is super-de-duper excited about her new toys that she bought herself.

Maybe Emma and I will get out again tomorrow. Or maybe it will be another day in our jammies. You never can tell with us. We're crazies.

No comments: