Sunday, January 23, 2011

Sick and tired

It's been an interesting past few days around the Heacock household.  Well, make that past week.  Chris had the stomach flu for several days.  Then Emma had a fever.  Then I got the stomach flu, too (luckily, I only had the 24-hour kind).

Emma's fever never went away, so I took her to the pediatrician's office this morning.  Turns out she has strep throat.  At least now we know and she's on medication.


Does that look like a sick child?  She may be a little pallid, but otherwise she looks fine.  She acts fine, too.  I know when I get strep throat (which I still do, as I still have my tonsils), I never feel like playing or wanting to do anything.  Emma is the complete opposite.  It's crazy how bubbly and lively she is, even when she's sick.  In the waiting room at the doctor's office this morning, she was the one who was playing with the toys and walking around the room, following the toy train that goes around and around the ceiling.

I wish I had the resilience and buoyancy of a child.  Then I wouldn't be so sick and tired.

No comments: