Friday, January 14, 2011

My quirky kid

Today I thought I'd talk about Emma.  If you know me, this is something I do frequently, at great length and at the least provocation.  But I'm not going to expound about how brilliant, beautiful and bubbly she is ~ although I certainly could ~ I want to talk about her quirky talents, which serve to entertain me immensely on a daily basis.

1. Emma makes up songs at the drop of a hat.  For instance, this morning she made up a song about how I'm her sweetest mommy, Chris is her biggest daddy, she is the cutest little Emma and Norbert looks like a little hot dog.

2. Emma loves pretending to be a model.  When she gets new clothes and I ask her to model them, she runs into the other room and has me "start the show" (i.e. introduce her).  Then she struts in with her hand on her hip.  Plus she likes to model for photos.  She even modeled for me this morning (Jenn P., please note the colors Emma is wearing... I chose them in your honor today):


3. Emma loves ~ and is really good at ~ video games.  Her current fave is Super Mario Bros. for the Wii.  Santa even brought her Mario and Yoshi stuffed animals that she wouldn't put down for days.  Today I found her playing her DS in an unusual location:



Yeah, that's our laundry basket.  *Please note that she has Mario and Luigi in there with her.

There are many, many more things I could tell you about.  But these are enough for now.  I hope they made you chuckle like they did for me.

2 comments:

amycornwell said...

The picture of Emma playing in the laundry basket is hilarious!

Michele Mathews said...

You're such a proud mommy! I feel like I know Emma pretty well just by reading your posts.