Monday, January 31, 2011

There's no panic like snow panic

When big snow/ice storms are predicted, people freak out.  There's always a run on bottled water, toilet paper, milk, bread, eggs, firewood, and other such items.  So why, do you think, did neither Walmart NOR Kroger have more than two cashier-manned registers open today when I and a whole lot of other people went there to do our obligatory pre-winter storm shopping?  It happened.  I had to go to the self-scan checkouts at both places.  Sure, I can do it myself ~ I did work as a cashier at one point in my life ~ but I want to have someone else scan and bag my stuff for me.  Is that so wrong?  Am I the only one who feels that way?

Regardless, I got what I needed at those stores.  Tomorrow, when the storm is supposed to get here, we're having chili.  Of course I forgot the cinnamon rolls again, but maybe we'll have cornbread muffins or something instead.  I also stocked up on milk and bread and donuts (for Emma, of course).  And I got a huge bag of frosted flakes for $1.99.  Can't go wrong with a giant bag of frosted flakes.  So we're all set.

Now all we can do is wait for the storm to get here.  Or not.  We shall see, I guess.

1 comment:

Jamie Bishop said...

The freezing rain has already started here. St. Louis is FREAKING OUT. I spent almost $200 at Sams last night so I think we're good to go if we get snowed in!