Saturday, January 15, 2011

A very merry un-birthday indeed.

Chris, Emma and I had lunch at "the grape place" (i.e. Olive Garden) today.  We had a great waitress who gave Emma extra grated cheese on her breadstick plate and filled it again when she noticed it was all gone.  She even gave Emma a SpongeBob and a Patrick sticker.  Plus the food was delish, and we each brought some home.

Chris needed to go to Lowe's, and I wanted to go to Old Navy.  Given the choice between the two places, Emma chose to go to Lowe's with her daddy.  Secretly, I had hoped she would choose to go with him so I could do some clothes shopping alone.  Score!

It just so happened that Old Navy was having a sale today - an extra 40% off of already reduced clearance prices.  Score again!  Not only did I get to stroll around leisurely at my own pace without being asked, "Are we done yet?" or, "Can we go now?" or hearing, "{heavy sigh} I'm ready to go!" ... I purchased two t-shirts for myself (one dark gray with Hello Kitty and one bright pink with a shiny gold heart on it) and two zippered hoodies (here's one of them, and the other is white with hearts and peace signs and music notes on the top) for Emma super cheap!

My mom and dad are coming over this evening after we all meet for dinner at Steak N Shake.  In preparation, Emma picked up ALL her toys in the living room when we asked her to.  We can see the carpet now.  She did such a great job!  Now all I need to do is run the vacuum.  After Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory, of course.

No comments: