Monday, May 20, 2013

Dear week... Day by day

Our schedule is chock full of items this week.  I think we have at least one event every single night.  I'm getting tired just thinking about all of it.


Dear Sunday...
You were great.  Church was really good, then Big Daddy and I went to Qdoba (one of my FAVORITE places) and to see the new Star Trek movie (yes, I cried...I always cry).  Emma got to hang out with her Mamaw and Papaw all day; which included McDonald's new clothes, swinging, and playing in the little kiddie pool in the yard.  Awesome day.


Dear Monday...
You're here.  As always.  So far, you've been pretty all right; so let's keep it that way.  {Just after I typed that, a bird flew into the big picture window that my desk faces.  He flew away seemingly unscathed.  Choosing to forget how weird and almost yucky that was... /shuddering}  Emma and I have dance class tonight.  Recital's coming up quickly (June 1).  Hope we're all ready!

Dear Tuesday...
Meeting for parents at Emma's school in the evening.  Just something we have to sit through so we can find out who Emma's 2nd grade {what?!} teacher will be.  It's a clever trick by the principal to get people to come to the meeting.  But it works.

Dear Wednesday...
I get my stitches out at 9 a.m.!  Hooray!  I'll post a picture of the injury site after the stitches come out as part of my Wednesday: Where am I? post.

Emma is participating in the first grade spelling bee at her school at 11:45 a.m.  Big Daddy and I both get to attend.  I'm going to be a nervous wreck for her.  I already know this.  I'll let you know how it goes.

After school, Emma's Daisy troop is going to the city park to play and hike.  I said I'll drive some girls over and participate.  Hope it's not too hot that day.  Someone please remind me to take extra allergy meds before I go.

Dear Thursday...
Another dance practice, but I won't be able to go.  My mom will be taking Emma to practice then hanging out with her at our house and putting her to bed.  Big Daddy and I are going with his parents to an event out of town.  Is that vague enough for you?  It's a surprise for someone, and I don't want to ruin it.  I'll probably tell you about it on Freestyle Friday.

Dear Friday...
Not sure what's on the calendar for Friday.  Better check that out pronto.

Dear Saturday...
Hoping to sleep in... we'll see how that works out.  I think we have no official plans for the day.  No-plans days are the best.

Have a great week, friends!

And always remember: (In the words of Ernest P. Worrell) If you pick it, it will never heal.

No comments: