Friday, May 10, 2013

Friday Love

On these posts I will recap my favorite parts of the week.

I love spelling.  It was always one of my favorite subjects in school.  I was in Spell Bowl all four years in high school.  Our team won the state Spell Bowl competition 2 of those 4 years with a perfect score.  The year in between those, we came in second because we missed one word.  We were awesome. :)
A gift from our Spell Bowl coach. I've kept it all this time.
Emma's first grade class had a spelling bee yesterday.  The top 5 spellers in each of the 3 first grade classes will move on to the big first grade spelling bee on May 22.  Emma was one of the top 5 in her class, which was one of my favorite things from the week.  I love being able to share my love of spelling with my girl.  I know that's nerdy, but that's OK.  We can be nerds together.  Big Daddy and I are going to the spelling bee to cheer her on.  I'm sure I'll be a nervous wreck.  LOL

As you may recall, I got my hair highlighted yesterday.  It looks so much better.  Another favorite thing.

I did some crafting for Mother's Day this week.  I cannot elaborate on what I made at this time.  I'll tell you  more about it after the gift is given.  (It's for my mom, and I'm pretty sure she'll love it.)

I did a photo shoot with Emma and Norbert the other evening.  I should do that more often.  It was so fun.  And both of them are so photogenic.

What were your favorite things this week?

No comments: