Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Wednesday: Where am I? Busy Day Edition

I went a lot of places today.  Here's a recap:

I had breakfast with Miss Emma today.  Mini muffins for me, chocolate donut holes with sprinkles for Emma.  She's even happy in the morning.

Then I went to work.  I could hardly contain my excitement about my stitch-removal appointment at 9 a.m.

I practically skipped to the doctor's office, totally ready to have my stitches taken out.  I saw my doctor, and he said that I needed to wait to have the stitches removed until Saturday morning because it looked a bit red around the edges of the injury.  So, no stitch removal today; and I'm supposed to stop putting Neosporin and a band aid on the wound and let it get air.

The doctor gave me a prescription for an antibiotic to aid the healing process; which is kind-of handy, as I noticed that my throat was a bit sore on the drive to the doctor's office.  I figured I'd have the doctor take a look at it while I was there.  He said my throat was red, so I guess it's a good thing that I am taking an antibiotic.  Two birds, one stone.

Then I headed back to work.

And then I went by the house to pick up Big Daddy, and together we went to Emma's school for the 1st grade spelling bee.  Top 5 spellers from each of the 3 first grade classes.  They all did so great!  It all came down to one boy and one girl.  The girl?  Emma!  They had gone through so many words that they were on the 4th grade list -- and the highest list we'd been given to study was the 3rd grade list.  Emma ended up misspelling "either" (it was pronounced ee'-ther, so she spelled it e-a-t-h-e-r).  The boy spelled it correctly then spelled another word correctly ("less"), so he was the winner.  Both kiddos got gift bags.  I was so stinking proud of Emma, and all the kids, for that matter.

After we left the school, Big Daddy and I went out to lunch together at a local restaurant, The Mixing Bowl.  It's delicious.  If you're ever in town, you should swing by.

After school, Emma had earned an invitation to the Advanced Reading (AR) party.  They had pizza and watched Despicable Me in the school gym.

Big Daddy and I picked her up at 5:00, then we went to Greenwood.  We took Emma to Olive Garden (her favorite place) for a celebratory dinner.

Then Big Daddy dropped us girls off at the mall while he went to Guitar Center to pick up some stuff he had ordered.  Emma and I had fun at the mall.

And then we came home.

Whew!  What a big, busy, blessed day!

No comments: