Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Wednesday: Where am I? Field Day Edition

Today was Field Day at Emma's school.  So here's where I was all day:
I was lucky enough to be inside, which really helped abate my allergies.  I still sneezed some, since the gym doors were open to the outside; but today wasn't nearly as bad - allergy-wise - as yesterday.  Thank goodness.

There were three parent volunteers in the gym.  We all ended up staying the whole day, since we had a pretty good system going.  I was the one who got to yell at give the instructions to the kids.  It was loud in there, so after a few groups, my voice started getting tired.  Luckily the principal came in and told me I could use the portable lapel microphone.  Helped immensely.  But I still sound a little hoarse.

I got to have lunch with Emma in her classroom.

Emma's class was the next to last class of the day to come to our station, which is one of the reasons I ended up staying the whole day.
I asked her who won the race: Emma or her friend Bo?  She said she did.  'Atta girl! :)

I told Emma I'd just take her home with me since I stayed the whole day; so I went to her room after we got done with our station.  I took a picture of Emma with the boy she thinks is cute her friend Adler for posterity's sake.
I mean, seriously.  How adorable is that?!

Really fun day; but I'm so thankful that we have a night with no plans.

No comments: